Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi, tried to jump start another car from the battery in the

Hi, tried to jump start another car from the battery in the boot of my 2006 Series 3 320 D e90, resulting in blowing all the electrics (no lights, locking, starting absolutly nothing) the battery is ok but nothing else!
Any advise!
Geoff
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello

this is most commonly a failed battery unit (the black plastic box on top of the battery - requires it be replaced) or melting at the fuse box (requires the fuse panel be removed to check for a scorch mark, then replacement of the positive battery lead if so).

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.