Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

hello, I have bmw x3 diesel 2.0se, 6 yrs old and today felt

hello, I have bmw x3 diesel 2.0se, 6 yrs old and today felt loss of power from 3rd to 4th gear, seemed stuck at 40 mph, was slow on pick up, any ideas? thank you
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Did any warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no warning lights came on

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Is the problem with shifting?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not really, lack of acceleration, slow response when moving from 3rd thru to 4th gear, very slow response, cars in front moving away quickly, although we all slowed down at areas from 6th gear down to let other people make their manouvers, i was aware i was holding up traffic, then when i eventually got to about 58 mph, in 6th gear, i felt the car then adjusting to the correct smooth feeling and it was ok when i cruised at 60pmh, tooka long time to get there tho, I have been driving this car for 2 years, and know how it handles,

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
if not a transmission malfunction I would suspect possibly a turbo issue or airflow sensor issue, or other failure impacting fuel/air mixture.

It would be a good idea to have the fault logs read from the car and a real time scan carried out to see what can be learned, prior to investing in any parts replacements.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

could it b also fuel filters? or injectors? x

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Your symptoms do not suggest a fuel filter or injectors based on how you've described them. Could be possible, but not likely. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.