Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

330 Windscreen Wash/Wipe doesnt work.

Customer Question

I have a 2006 330i and the Windscreen Wash/Wipe doesn't work, there is no sound from the Washer Motor and the Wipers don't move either (normal wipe is fine). I don't think I heard any relay clicks either. I have checked all fuses behind the Glove Box. Someone said that it could still be the pump, but I cannot understand how the pump failing can also stop the wipers working when pulling the wash switch. Is there some kind of system that only triggers the wipers if wash fluid flow or pump current is present ?thanksRay
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello Ray,

Hello Ray,

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Hello Ray,

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Can you please clarify what your question is? If wiper operation depends on the pump working? Is that correct?

o