Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Bought a dead locked BMW coupe 320 TD SE, key lost and ignition

Bought a dead locked BMW coupe 320 TD SE, key lost and ignition lock was removed.
What are my options to get the car stated and going again?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Steve :

there are only two options

Steve :

1) buy a new key and a new ignition lock from a main dealer, both will be ordered by vin and the key will have the correct microchip to communicate with the car's immobilizer to allow start. 2) buy the key, key cylinder, engine computer and immobilizer module all from the same donor car and install them all on your car.

Steve :

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer:

ta

Steve :

pardon?