Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

bmw530d it appears to run out of fuel,we have found the nearside

Customer Question

bmw530d it appears to run out of fuel,we have found the nearside tank full of fuel ?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean the vehicle stalls, but then there is fuel in one half the tank when you check?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

offside tank empty near side tank full car turming over wont start seems like fuel starvation

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it just doesn't start but one tank is full and one is empty, the nearside fuel tank is full but the car wont start its like fuels not gettong to the engine.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

this indicates that there is a failure either of the in tank fuel pump which transfers fuel from side to side (it may have come dislodged or clogged), or a failure of the main fuel pump itself.

you will need to have both pumps inspected

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.