Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a mini one I changed my ecu module the one on the right

I have a mini one I changed my ecu module the one on the right hand side beside the bonnet switch now my keys won't open the car again how can I reprogram it please.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what is the last 7 digits of the vin? what is the part number of what you replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's the body module the numbers I see on it are61356922801 and 8bcrbc1e07

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will be honest

I trust that this will be appreciated. please remember that a low raring PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked

if you are on a subscription plan with multiple questions, you still need to select a positive rating to credit your expert, although you will not be charged anything additional

unfortunately you will need to have MINI program the key barcodes into the new body module, this is the only way to get the keys to work with the new body module.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert