Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

no central locking working and self leveling suspension lights

no central locking working and self leveling suspension lights on..
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have fitted a rear left sensor for the self levelling suspension. The fault light is still in and the rear left suspension is now fully up in the air. I have also bought a new key from BMW and now the central locking is working.

Thank you for getting back to me and providing additional information. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what faults are logged in the susupension memory?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi sorry for delay, i am waiting on mechanic getting back to me with fault codes...

in active suspension light on, changed n/s/r sensor, no change.

new key: starts car but wont open/shut doors.

heated seats not working..

thanks

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

please post the faults when they are available. if they are not available, please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fault code 01. left rear hight sensor, which i have changed but fault light still on dash..

i have re programed the key and now works as it should...

car is sitting level and drives as it should, only i cant seem to clear the " self leveling suspension light on dash "

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

When a sensor is replaced, a calibration needs to be run using a factory BMW tester. This needs to be carried out next.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

steve

I am happy with your answer, we dont have the software to calibrate, so a trip to the dealer it is..

thanks again

darren

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
you are welcome, please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating. thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my mechanic is asking if the tool required is called: " 0 point reset "