Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have just had new rear discs and pads fitted to my 2000 Reg

Customer Question

I have just had new rear discs and pads fitted to my 2000 Reg BMW 323ci automatic and the garage (not BMW main dealer) have 'phoned to say they can't turn the key all the way round to remove it. I've told them to make sure it's in P, but it still won't come out. Never been a problem before. Any clues as to the answer?

Regards, Rob
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

they should wiggle the steering wheel back and forth and also rock the car forward and back in place, and try the spare key

if it still wont turn, there is likely a steering/ignition lock failure which requires parts replacement

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.