Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hello I have fast flickering indicator lights on my 2007 120D

Hello I have fast flickering indicator lights on my 2007 120D and a yellow bulb with exclamation mark showing as fault symbol on dash display. All bulbs working fine and hazard lights work at normal speed.
No idea how to proceed. Can you help please.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what checks have been made?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All bulbs have been checked and diagnostic machines plugged in to get error codes that show "open circuits"
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
have bulbs been replaced?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure. One fitter said he'd changed a bulb. The other suggested all bulbs might need to be changed but I don't think they had been. But all bulbs are currently working
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

the first thing to do would be to replace all turn indicator bulbs with new, proper bulbs from a dealer. it sounds foolish to buy bulbs from a dealer, but it can make a difference.

if the problem persists, then there has to be either some kind of resistance issue in the circuit's wiring, or a problem with the control module which controls lighting. if you drive for a long time with a short in a lighting circuit, it can actually lead to the need to replace the control unit

one other thing to try, which is worth a mention, is to unhook the car battery for an hour, this will reset everything and can clear out weird glitches - I would start with this, then replace bulbs, actually.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.