Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

W Reg - 3 Series 330D Diesel. After use car has starting issues

W Reg - 3 Series 330D Diesel. After use car has starting issues and often won't start again until engine is cold. I've experienced this mostly after coming home from work and trying to start a couple hours after (when temperature still in engine) in late evening and often have to leave until the next morning when it starts and drives perfect.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Does it happen EVERY time you start with engine warm?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It wasn't every time, sometimes it started after a few goes trying to start but more recently this happens more often were I end up leaving the car until next day.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
This suggests leaking injectors or other fuel pressure bleed off issue (bad pump, etc)

If it happens frequently, your best bet will be to leave the vehicle with a reputable garage for a day so they can replicate at a time testing can be carried out to verify 100%.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.