Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I am having problem with my radio it packed in altogether and

I am having problem with my radio it packed in altogether and short of going to the main dealer to pay a small fortune was wondering if anyone could help
All it has on the screen is a code of some sort
BMW E60 BOOTLOADER 6520
SOFTWARE VERSION: 5.9.6
[DEC 4 2003, 19:41:54]
The car is a 530i m sport 55 reg
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

what kind of help are you seeking/expecting?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve nobody can tell me what's wrong with my radio and was wondering if you could help
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer, I trust that this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUISHES me for providing an honest answer and I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked. I cannot change the reality of the situation you are in, only provide what information I can about the issue

this is a hardware or software failure.

the only thing you can try without professional equipment is to unhook the car battery for an hour to reset everything

if that does not work, the only option will be for either a software reload or parts replacement.

this will need to be done by either a main dealer, or independent BMW garage that has this capability

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.