Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Have a 5 series BMW, diesel automatic and has come up with

Customer Question

Have a 5 series BMW, diesel automatic and has come up with the following faults:
452A/480A Particulate filter system
4530/4521 charge air pressure control small turbo control deviation.
What is this telling me, that I need to have replaced?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello

452A/480A Particulate filter system - you need to have your particulate filter replaced.

4530/4521 charge air pressure control small turbo control deviation. - you also have a turbo related issue - possibly a bad sensor, turbo or leak. Further testing is required to verify this one. Or, you could start with the sensor and checking for leaks, to see if that does it, if not, escalate to the turbo.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.