Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 3litre touring 2000 centre door locking will not unlock

BMW 3litre touring 2000 centre door locking will not unlock any doors except tailgate and tail window. spare key(charged by presence in steering lock) does the same. only access by drivers door using manual key or tailgate which opens?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

does the same thing happen when you use the locking button inside the car as well as the remote key?

what happens when you turn the key mechanically in the door? what doors unlock?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

just the drivers door. if interior buttons depressed all doors lock and cannot be re-opened even if interior levers are pulled twice

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer, I trust that this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for providing an honest answer and I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

if no fuses are blown then this points to a failed general module, which is the module which controls central locking

the general module (aka gm) will need to be replaced or sent out for repair

it is not possible for 3 doors to all fail at the same time, which is why the module is the likely cause.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Steve, periodically, the remote key unlocks everything correctly. when relocked with key refuses to unlock again. one day later it may function O.K.again. Any other ideas? Could I fit used control module, or is it tailored to the one car only? As an OAP I can't afford BMW prices. Thank you, RON.