Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 323i,i went and left my ignition on for 7 hours,when

I have a 323i,i went and left my ignition on for 7 hours,when I returned to my car the battery was flat. I charged my battery and refitted it,problem is I now have no starter. I have power going to the starter from the battery and the light wire that goes to the solenoid,when it leaves the ignition barrel it is powered when the key is turned but the power does not reach the solenoid. HELP
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome

I will provide an honest answer, I trust that this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for providing an honest answer and I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

the problem is that your immobilizer is out of alignment now. this happens when you leave the key in the ignition for an extended period

there is no workaround or bypass for the immobilizer.

the only way to realign the immobilizer to allow the car to start is to have the alignment process carried out with a dealer level BMW programming computer or equivalent. So, unfortunately, the car will need to be towed to a dealer or a shop that has access to this level of programming equipment.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how sure are you about this,i have been trying to search for starter relay thinking that could be the problem

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I am positive. There is no starter relay, the problem is the immobilizer.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.