Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW E39 2004 3000i estate The front passengers door refuses

BMW E39 2004 3000i estate
The front passengers door refuses to open, I have taken off the door lever on the inside and it is still attached and will raise the central locking button if pulled but will not release the door to allow it to open. As the door will not open you can not get at the door trim to see the locking mechanism. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

unfortunately there isn't a simple answer here

you can try pounding with a fist inside and outside of the door as you attempt to open to see if anything will free up

if not, you will need to fight the panel off or partially off with the door closed

this isn't easy so it might be worth having it done professionally to minimize damage

if you prefer to try yourself be sure to put the seat back as far as possible to give yourself as much room as possible to work

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.