Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My son has a bmw 316i sport, it has today suffered from loss

My son has a bmw 316i sport, it has today suffered from loss of power, acceleration is there engine running ok but losses power when gears engaged with no loss in revs.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Are any warning lights on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No there are no warning lights on and there is no loss of revs just lack of power when gears engaged and drives about 10 20 mph.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
There is no single thing that will cause this. Common issues would be a fuel pressure problem, throttle failure, or issue with fuel/air mixture (which is informed by a number of sensors)

The best path forward to rectify the issue will be to have fuel pressure tested and the cars computer monitored in real time with a diagnostic computer which can read all inputs and outputs from all systems and identify what is out of spec

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many tyanks for your help much appreciated.