Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

seatbelt restraint/airbag light keeps coming on.diagnostics

seatbelt restraint/airbag light keeps coming on.diagnostics show fault with sgm module .any solution other than module replacement?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Can you please clarify your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do u want to know?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
I would like you to clarify your question. Is it if there is a resolution other than module replacement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can the fault be fixed in any way? ie resetting or reconfiguring the module?I understand that a new module is horrible expensive and that at present this fault is an MOT failure

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

99% the module simply needs to be replaced. In terms of other solutions, you could try having the module's software updated by a main dealer, and check the wiring and connections at the module. Again, you most likely need to replace the module.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.