Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW 530d on a2007plate trying to remove a dpf from my car will

Customer Question

BMW 530d on a2007plate trying to remove a dpf from my car will not drop out do I need to drop the box (auto) or can I move over the steering rack to allow me to get it out ??
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
CZ03000 Euro4. AB
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

to remove the dpf on this model, all you should have to remove is the underbody protective plate, the reinforcement plate, and the exhaust system

then if you release the screw on the turbo flange and the catalytic converter suspension bolts and mounting screws, that should be all

you do not need to touch the transmission or steering

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Steve sorry about the delay (work nights) as indicated I have dissconected the dpf all sensors ,all mountings holding it on , clamp from turbo , exhaust out of way , it will not pass the bell housing /steering colume , cars on a pit so I've good access , I must be missing something !! Help !! Paul .
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

That is all that needs to come off to remove it. It must be a matter of finding the correct angle to get it out.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Im on my way shortly to try again , I'll let you know ,but I'm running out off angles , ideas
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
please do not forget to click on a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my time and answer, thank you