Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My son was driving his bmw series 1 and the bonnet flow open

Customer Question

My son was driving his bmw series 1 and the bonnet flow open there was warning to say it was open is this a fault with the car
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

if he himself did not open it partially with the release, then yes it is a fault with the car.

however, it could have been ajar and not noticed.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In the BMW series 1 there is an alarm system to let the driver know it is open, the same notice you would get if the door is open. When the car was being driven the bonnet just opened up without any warning. The BMW agents are saying there is no fault, the car is only a year old they have had it since November last year and have never opened the bonnet. This to say the least is very scary and there was also a 1year old child in the car.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

not all 1 series have a bonnet open warning it depends on options and programming

most do, but I can't say with certainty for the vehicle in question if it does or not given dependencies.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.