Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

my bmw 318i judders really bad and wen put the dsc button

Customer Question

my bmw 318i judders really bad and wen put the dsc button on its stops for good and also have run flat tyre indicator seat belt and air bag light all lit up aswell since its bin juddering but wen its put on the computer it comes up with no fault codes so don't know where to look can u help?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what type of scan tool was used to read codes?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

fair play this site is as much use as an ash tray on a motor bike

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately It seems like you are unhappy with the answer. Please remember the Professional is trying to give you the best possible answer for your question. We like to encourage customers to respond to the Professional and tell them why the answer was not satisfactory and hopefully the Professional will be able to explain further.

Remember there are no additional charges for follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My car seems to judder a lot real bad but when u put the DTC button on it stops the juddering for good which tells u that its sumthing 2 do with the abs system! And when its put on the diagnostics its doesnt throw any fault codes up! My local mechanic thinks it could be sumthing as silly as a tyre doin it? And he has also said about the drive shaft and abs sensors but how do u know if there gone or faulty when u have not got a fault code to go on? Can u help and point me in the right direction please! Many thanks lee