Robert
Robert, BMW Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

HI I have a BMW 320D 2007 yesterday my temp light came on.

Customer Question

HI I have a BMW 320D 2007 yesterday my temp light came on. Drove my car today battery light came, lost power on the way to work. Manage to get to work filled up with water. Tested and everything seemed fine. Drove home everything was ok then temp light, battery, ABS, Power stearing came on lost power again. Pulled over car did seem hot. Waitied a while a drove 4 mins home. Any clues....
Category: BMW
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The fact you do loose water/coolant i asume then that would be something to certainly trace for around the engine in regards to leaks especially around the water pump etc if thats whats happening..One area i would maybe inspect at least first anyway to tie all these things in bar the ABS would be your main auxillary belt as that essentially drives all these things.alternator to charge battery and other electrical systems that rely on the charging system being in good order inc abs / power steering / water pump / air conditioning .to ensure that belt is still intact..not loose or starting fray or even the belt looks as though its burnt ie:- been slipping due to a siezed pulley either the alternator which would be the likely thing to inspect first if thats starting fail..to check each pulley by hand as such you would need to remove the belt.so that could be something to have checked out at least first...I do hope this helps