Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

The key will not turn in the lock on the drivers side door

Customer Question

The key will not turn in the lock on the drivers side door.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

what question can I answer for you about this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I want to be able to operate the door lock to lock or open the door with the key
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

if the lock has failed and/or seized or jammed completely this will not be possible. I am sorry if this turns out to be the case but this is beyond my control. I can only provide honest and realistic answers.

if you have already tried WD40 there are only two other things you can try

1) your second key

2) pounding with a fist in the area of the lock while wiggling the key and trying to turn it

if the above don't work you are out of options and will likely need to call a towtruck/roadside assistance that has professional entry tools, and also possibly have the lock replaced if it is failed rather than just jammed.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.