Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

My 2005 X5, has monitor problems for the sat nav, radio and

My 2005 X5, has monitor problems for the sat nav, radio and cd it has multi coloured lines over the screen and cannot be read it at all. Therefore I am unable to see to change from one mode to the other. It is possible to change the mode by pressing the knobs but nothing on the screen indicates what to sellect.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

This is a failure of the monitor or the picture generating computer. You can unhook the battery for an hour to beset them but I am afraid these symptoms mean you will almost certainly need to have the monitor or computer replaced

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.