Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

530d 2003 Hi how do I get the computer to restart its start

530d 2003 Hi how do I get the computer to restart its start cycle so as to sync itself and extinguish the airbag and seatbelt light I've had it plugged in but not on Bmw software
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unfortunately the only way to reset these lights is to a) first fix the underlying problem if one exists and then b) have it cleared using a BMW scan tool / diagnostic computer.

there is no way to clear these lights without first fixing any faults

there is no way to clear these lights without a scanner (there is no cycle you can restart)

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.