Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

just changed rear lights to led but bulb out on dashboard stay

just changed rear lights to led but bulb out on dashboard stay out any idea
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

The bulb monitoring system on this car cannot monitor led bulbs. It is expected that you will get a bulb out warning when you switch to led.

Your options are:

1) Live it it
2) Get special led bulbs desogned to not give the warning
3) Switch back

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.