Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

i have purchased a bmw 520d on a 09 plate and i have vibration

i have purchased a bmw 520d on a 09 plate and i have vibration at idle coming through the drivers seat otherwise it runs fine
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

The most common cause of this would be a failed motor mount so these need to be checked.

If the engine was running very rough and misfiring it could also cause this.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

can you eplain what is a motor mount