Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2009 BMW 335i which is misfiring on start up with

I have a 2009 BMW 335i which is misfiring on start up with long cranking when cold. Plugs and coils changed last weekend. Now sometimes an orange engine fault light comes on stating reduced power but to take to BMW Dealer. Plugged in OBD2 port, the fuel rail pressure is low at 450 - 500kpa, erratic idle firing with fault code P3090. Turning off and restarting everything is fine again until the next cold start with the fuel rail pressure over 5000kpa.

Lots of info from USA regarding HPFP replacement under 10 year warranty, does the warranty cover extend to UK. If this is the high pressure pump and not covered under warranty, is it something a BMW workshop would have to carry out and any idea on cost?

Keith
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the USA extended warranty does not apply to UK cars. BMW UK may consider replacing the pump under goodwill, however (depends on mileage, and in service date and if they are willing to help or not)

this should be carried out by a BMW main dealer or BMW specialist shop. for goodwill, it will have to be a dealer

you are looking at about £200 plus 3 hours labour to replace.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.