Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

i have recently bought a new key fob for my 08 320d from a

i have recently bought a new key fob for my 08 320d from a main dealer, as my other one stopped opening the doors. i have had it in the ignition and run the car for over half an hour but it still doesn't unlock/lock the doors, am i doing anything wrong or should i be checking something else?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

The key should not require anything additional to unlock the doors

Most likely the issue is with the receiver or central locking computer, not the key.

The vehicle will need to be scanned with a factory bmw scan tool or equivilent to verify - this is your next step.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your answer, looks like need new receiver in rear spoiler as radio signal starting to break up too.