Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi was driving down the road yesterday came to a stop went

Customer Question

Hi was driving down the road yesterday came to a stop went to pull away and it just revved no movement now won't engage any gear 330 d e46 auto
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

This is normally due to a large internal failure inside the transmission. It can be as simple as a large loss of fluid or problem with the shift linkage, but unfortunately this is usually an internal issue such as a failed clutch drum, solenoid or internal leak. You will likely be looking at needing a full rebuild.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you get an oil light on dash if gearbox low on oil ?
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

no you do not get a warning for gearbox oil low.

Please kindly select a positive rating, thank you.