Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I dont have any exterior lights i think its a fuse proble

Customer Question

I don't have any exterior lights i think its a fuse problem
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

what is your question, specifically?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when i turn on the side lights and low beam no exterior lights are on.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this is not likely a fuse problem, it is more likely a failed light switch or light control

module (aka LCM or LKM).

you can certainly check fuses if you have not, they are located behind a small panel in the glove box and also behind the side trim in the luggage compartment. There is a card that tells you which fuse is for what, you will want to check all that are specified for lighting.

again, this is more likely a failed switch or light module, unfortunately.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle