Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

get vibrations and noisey engine after starting from warm

get vibrations and noisey engine after starting from warm model is 330 i se 272
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
where do the vibrations come from? the engine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

top of the engine, around the air inlet area . Never happens from cold ,

could drive for 300 miles stop for fuel start up and then it happens .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

top of the engine, around air inlet manifold area.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
I would check for leaking injectors, a faulty eccentric shaft sensor or an air leak / failed crankcase vent valve as a starting point. It would ideal to replicate the issue while a bmw scan tool is connected to the car as this will allow for all inputs and outputs from the engine control system to be monitored and anything out of spec to be easily identified.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert