Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi I have a BMW 320 d. I have a battery drain issue, have had

Hi I have a BMW 320 d. I have a battery drain issue, have had a refurb alternator fitted and have had a brand new battery and was still getting a battery drain of 1.7amps, have just had it diagnosed and they have said it is the, multi function module in the drivers footwell.Could you tell me roughly how much it would cost to get replaced, also would this unit have anything to do with reverse lights etc...Many thanks Dee
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Last seven digits ........VA30463
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the footwell module cost appox £270 plus 1 to 2 hours of labour to replace.

this module controls ALL lights on the car, so yes it is related to the reverse lights and all other lights.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thankyou , I was expecting that answer, just not the cost of doing it.
Would this have to be done by a main dealer
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you

yes, it would have to be done by a main dealer or a BMW specialist garage with programming equipment.

Please kindly select a positive rating, thank you.