Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2006 X3 2.0 diesel, the engine is running the steering

I have a 2006 X3 2.0 diesel, the engine is running the steering has gone heavy and the battery light is lit up on the dash board
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Hello and welcome,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be my pleasure to assist you today.\

this points to a broken or slipped or seized drive belt as it runs the power steering and the alternator which keeps the battery charged

you need to have the belt checked and/or replaced

you cannot drive the car like this.

.
Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle