Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Indicators not working well not on dash board and no sound

Indicators not working well not on dash board and no sound but lights on indicators are working, then car immobiliser kicks in when i turn ignition off. Once i reset the immobiliser the car starts fine but indicators not work as stated before and sound systerm not working correctly as well as sat nav everything seems to be lagging. is indicator relay linked to immobilisor ? Any ideas ?

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

these types of symptoms are usually caused by a faulty ignition switch, I would suggest you start there and be sure to check fuses if you have note.

the other possibility would be a failed control module somewhere on the vehicle which is causing interference for other systems. To diagnose this, either the vehicle will need to be scanned with a BMW scan tool, or you will need to start unhooking components one by one until the rest come back online.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.