Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

THE ROOF ON MY BMW WONT CLOSE IT OPENED OK BUT NOW ITS WONT

Customer Question

THE ROOF ON MY BMW WONT CLOSE IT OPENED OK BUT NOW ITS WONT CLOSE AGAIN
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello

what is your question about this?

is it a power roof or manual?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its a power roof it was working fine till today it is stuck open and I cant find how to close it

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

.

this unfortunately means that your roof is faulted. you can check fuses, but if none are blown it will require a diagnostic on a BMW scan tool.

to close the roof manually for the time being, you need to pull the manual release under the rear seat and follow the manual closing procedure. Here is the procedure: CLICK HERE

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.