Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have BMW 318 TDS Touring 1996 On the flats/downhill etc the

I have BMW 318 TDS Touring 1996 On the flats/downhill etc the car is fine, but when going up a hill my foot is hard to the floor and car slows down dramatically also get this when trying to accelerate to over take another vehicle.. no power?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

are any warning lights on?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No warning lights on
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

your symptoms suggest most likely a turbo failure or possibly an airflow sensor or injector failure

turbo would be most likely and most common

any BMW garage can preform the requisite testing to verify.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.