Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW E65 730D, ABS light is on, DSC failure, Drive Moderately.

BMW E65 730D, ABS light is on, DSC failure, Drive Moderately. Fault Memory Codes:-

0A3AC 20 36 4FDD 76
1A3B9 20 36 4FDD 74
8E111 20 00 4DAB 77

Can anyone tell me what could be the potential problem?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
What is the last 7 digits of the vin?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve,

The last 7 digits of the vin are DN38902

Geoff.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry but I cannot find any reference for those codes, they are not in a normal format.

do you have descriptions for them or can you have the regular bmw format codes read?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve, There are a set of 3 or 4 0's at the end of this, didn't think it was part of the fault codes.

0000 0000 0000

I will take some pics of the fault memory codes and descriptions and upload them a little bit later on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve,

I've taken pictures of the fault memory code as well as some descriptions of the problems i've having. Btw. I don't have run flats, I have 20".

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1n333wj7x8min4b/AACR5U26udZk0PU6ixZONEl4a

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Did this issue start only after changing the wheels?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No, just started last week, had a full service in March, not at BMW and I did have the parking brake fault then but not the others. They replaced RR DISC + PADS MIN 21.6mm they were 21.37mm and an offside rear parking sensor which was faulty.

I was advised that both rear tyres of 2mm need replacing which I didn't due to MOT being end of this month. I've observed the tyres both rear are worn on the inside so they will need changing prior to MOT.

BTW, don't know if it's related but my air con has stopped working too :-(

Also Steve, I know I hit a curb hard whilst picking up my wife's car a couple of days later but that was still 3 months ago, nothing seemed to be wrong and I knew I was probably lucky, even one of the technicians who saw me thought so. Maybe relevant, maybe not.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

okay, these are not fault codes.

have you not had the faults read from the car using a scan tool?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Steve,

No I haven't had the faults read using a scan tool. If I took it to BMW to have them read it would cost me £90 and they would tell me what the problem is.

I thought someone might have been able to tell me what the problem is on here, saving me the cost of having the codes read.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

idrive warnings are not specific, they are only generic warnings from the driver to let them know a fault is present and systems are offline.

the most likely cause of these lights is a failure of the ABS module or a failed wheel speed sensor.

without knowing what faults are stored, as read with a scan tool, is it not possible to say with certainty.

the only next step is a proper fault scan and test plan.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.

Steve, BMW Expert
Experience: BMW Expert