Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 3 series 3 litre converti 57 plate.I had some items

I have a 3 series 3 litre convertible 57 plate. I had items in the boot when closing the roof which got trapped the dash board management warning now shows a malfunction and nothing happens my handbook shows this is the roof mechanism malfunction warning light

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

hello,

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

what has most likely happened is that one of the roof's sensors that informs it of position and closing progress has likely been damaged and now, as the required sensor signal is not present, the roof will not open

to verify where the issue lies, you will need to have the fault logs read from the car using a BMW scan tool. There is no way to manually diagnose this roof, it was designed needing 100% computer diagnostics. There are too many sensors and dependencies to check manually.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.