Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I cant get the air condition to release cold air

Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
can you please clarify what your question is? what has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

turned down temperature on air intake to 16 AND SWITCHED ON AIR CONDITING BUT air coming in is luke warm and interior doesn't cool

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

again, can you please clarify what your question is about this and confirm what testing has been done so far?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A/Csystem not providing cold air.temperatureis turned down to 16 degrees and auto has also been used

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

there are probably a dozen or more things that can cause AC not to blow cold

the most common would be a leak in the system that has allowed the refrigerant to leak out, or a failed heater valve

other possibilities would be a failed compressor or compressor clutch, any of several sensors having failed or a failure of the control computer

as next steps, you should have the refrigerant level checked and also the faults and inputs/outputs read and monitored from the climate control system.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.