Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

please is there anyway i can get a programmed starting kit

please is there anyway i can get a programmed starting kit for my mini cooper R60 1.6liters petrol engine?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

what do you mean by "starting units"

what is it that you want to buy?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the ecu,key, and cas.... what makes a car to crank and start...i think its immobilizer problem, since the car does not crank nor start..

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

The only way to get this is to buy all of the parts you want from a junk car.

There are many other things this could be, I would advise you make the proper investment in a diagnostic on a factory bmw/mini diagnostic computer before spending hundreds on a ecu, key and cas. It would be quite ill advised to buy anything before a proper diagnostic

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.