Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 56 plate 120d (M). The windscreen washer pump is

I have a 56 plate 120d (M). The windscreen washer pump is inoperative and first, I want to check the fuse. I have the fuse diagram. What number is ***** windscreen washer pump fuse please?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
What is the last 7 of the vin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WBAUG52080PW71802

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
thank you I will verify and post back shortly.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you.

the fuses relevant to the wipe/wash system are fuse 43, 39 ad 48

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have checked fuse Nos 39 and 48 and they are both serviceable. Fuse 48 is the rear wiper (proved by removing it. Fuse 43 is not fitted and is shown as the headlamp washer.

On my distribution diagram, the only other picture of a washer is through fuse 63 which also serves the windscreen demisting fan. The fuse is serviceable and the fan works but the washer does not.

Therefore, I can only conclude that the Windscreen wash pump ran dry because of sediment in the tank and the pump burned out. I won't quibble, you've earned your £15 but I can't rate the result as satisfactory. good luck.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replied already on the previous version of the answer before I completed the rating

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I am sorry that your pump may be faulty but this is beyond my control and is in fact not related to the question that was asked if you read the question as posted.

I answered the question that you asked about fuse numbers.

The rating is for MY SERVICE, which as you said, has earned the payment. You have rated the outcome of your issue, which was not in scope for the question, and is out of my control. This low rating in fact punishes me.

Please change your rating to OK or higher to ensure I am properly credited for my time and answer.

thank you in advance.