Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

my neighbours grandson is locked inside his 2001 320i. He

my neighbour's grandson is locked inside his 2001 320i. He has the keys but the alarm system seems to be keeping the car locked with the child inside. Please help
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to click on a positive rating

Using the mechanical key in the door and turning it as far as possible whould manually open the door. Or he can open the boot, unhook the battery, then use the key manually

Or he can hold the unlock button down on the remote, this should open the windows.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Joy, Steve. We think the child operated the alarm system just as he pulled the door open. Nothing is responding. Can't get in through the boot.

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
If you turn the key as far as possible in the boot lock, it will open. Likewise, if you turn the key as far as possible in the door, it will open.

If you still can't get in for some reason, you should probably brake a window to get the child out.

That is the best advice I can give based on the engineering of the car and options available to you at this time.

Please do not forget to select a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Steve. We cut a hole through the parcel shelf and passed in a key to the child, got him to put it in the ignition. The door opened! Child got out ............ and closed the door behind him! Not quite square one but .......

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

great

please kindly CLICK ON a positive rating

Steve

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, crisis over. He can get a mechanic to it now. Can you tell me what this service has cost me?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Please do not forget to CLICK ON a positive rating.

it is whatever you selected when you posted the question, looks to be about 17gbp. once you select a positive rating, I receive credit for my answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, Cheers Steve and thanks for trying. Hope you can use the 'keyhole thru the parcel shelf' idea sometime. Have a nice weekend. John.