Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a 2000 323ci. When I drive and come to a stand still

Customer Question

I have a 2000 323ci. When I drive and come to a stand still it sometimes feels lumpy and the car feels like the engine is shaking bad. When I drive off it is so slow and if I floor it it don't go nowhere real lack of power but if I pull over take my keys out and start back up the problem goes away until I sit there again for a short period. What could this be
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
do any warning lights come on when this happens?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No warning lights come on just happens when I come to a stop at lights or mcdonalds etc have to take key out and back in to get rid of it but it always comes back.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer and am doing so in good faith. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this suggests a fault with the engine control computer or one of the sensors feeding it. Common things that can cause this would be a bad airflow sensor or fuel pressure issue.

if you are not getting a warning light, then this usually means there is no faults stored in the car's memory

in this case, to identify the underlying cause, you will need to have real time diagnostics carried out while the issue is presenting itself. With the proper equipment hooked up, all inputs/outputs from the engine management system can be monitored in real time, and manual checks made as well.

this will be the only way to verify the cause without starting to replace parts randomly. This is how I would advise you proceed in this case.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle