Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

have a bmw x5 which has been purchased two months ago.diesel.

Customer Question

have a bmw x5 which has been purchased two months ago.diesel. been back for repair because car had no power. said the fuel filter has been changed and have no problem for a week but problem is back just the same.ANY IDEAS
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

can you please provide more details as to what you are experiencing, "no power" does not narrow down possible causes much

thank you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it seems to be the fuel filter because it seems better when i am not accelerating as hard. the problem is it idles lumpy.it does not pick up speed when giving it increase in throttle pedal

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer and am doing so in good faith. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this would most likely be caused by a turbo or injector issue, it is possible it could be the filter, but that is not the most common / likely.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle