Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

The convertible roof an my 2011 640 has failed to close properly,

The convertible roof an my 2011 640 has failed to close properly, it seems that the rear deck will not lock and although I can manually lock the roof at the front and rear "wings" the rear window will not move and the boot remains locked. The warning on the screen says convertible roof controller failed! Is there a fuse for the roof or is it possible to re-set the roof controller, if so where is the fuse and or controller unit. Or is this a case to have to go to a BMW dealer?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this is not something taht will be resolved with a fuse or reset

the vehilce will need to go to a main dealer or BMW specialist shop for repair and parts replacement

I am not sure what you may have done last time, but the only way to get a Z4 out of transport mode is with a factory bmw programming equipment or equivalent. You will need to visit a dealer or bmw specialist show with this type of equipment to get the car out of transport mode. You can probably find a shop that will do it cheaply on www.bimmershops.com or www.bimrs.org

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.