Mike
Mike, BMW Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Hello! I have a problem with a BMW 840 CI sunroof.The year

Customer Question

Hello! I have a problem with a BMW 840 CI sunroof.
The year is 1997, The sunroof will not move back and forth, it keeps jamming!
I have oiled and greased it and bought and fitted new runners, but it still sticks!
Can you help me??
Category: BMW
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please continue thanks

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help / advise -

As you have done all that you have - replaced the runners etc... then it seems the problem must be with the motor itself / or the cogs / works.. Sometimes the cogs lose their teeth or wear so that the roof will stop in certain positions when used -

So you need to check all that carefully - you can disconnect the motor as well and check to see if the roof will work manually ok - if it does, then its either the cogs etc / cable sticking -or, the motor as above. You can also then operate the motor separate to the roof to check its function -

Working as above, you will get this sorted --

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - If you need anything else at all - by all means get back to me -

****** >> Meantime >>>
Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.