Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

Hi I have a bmw 1999 5series 528I and the engine lights on

Hi I have a bmw 1999 5series 528I and the engine lights on the dashing think it's sucking in a bit more air and ive got these fault codes P0170 PO173 P1250 from a l
Hand held read out what are they what to do thanks ian
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
what has been checked so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None

Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

P0170: fuel trim bank one
P0173: fuel trim bank two
P1250: misfire with low fuel

the most common cause of these codes is an intake air leak so you need to check for leaks or have the intake smoke tested

other causes of these types of codes would be a failed crankcase vent valve or failing airflow sensor - but an air leak is most common.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.