Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

2009 320d broke down on motorway when yellow half engine management

Customer Question

2009 320d broke down on motorway when yellow half engine management light came on and it won't start back up. Any ideas?
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
Can you please clarify what question you would like answered about this?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just wondering if you have come across this before and if you know of what might be at fault. My local mechanic is struggling to find what's wrong.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
what faults are logged in the car's computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The computer has no faults logged.
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

this would most commonly be caused by a failed fuel pump. I am not sure how you've tested yours, but there are two and both need to be checked. If can also be due to an injection system fault

if the engine light is on, there should be a fault stored. You will need to take the car to a main dealer or specialist shop that has the computer diagnostic equipment to read out the faults.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.