Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I have a BMW 1 series 2004 and it seems the battery in the

I have a BMW 1 series 2004 and it seems the battery in the fob has died how can I start the car and if I can't what do I do about a replacement. Thanks
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

hello

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

the key battery is not involved in the keys abaility to start the car. so if the key is bad, it needs to be replaced

a replacement key can only be ordered from a main dealer based on the vin of your car.

the vehicle CANNOT be started without a working key. there is no bypass.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle