Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

After leaving the car at the airport for 2 weeks, their is

After leaving the car at the airport for 2 weeks, their is no airflow through the dash and lower air vents only through the ones on the top of the dash. I had read that if the battery was low this might happen but the car had a 2 hour run back from the airport.
Category: BMW
Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.
does the blower speed change when you command it to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it does, everything seems to be working fine except for the lack of any air from the dash and lower vents. Tried chnage the steeing in idrive

but that makes no differnce either.

Expert:  Steve replied 2 years ago.

I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.

unfortunately this isn't something that happens with a low battery, unless the control computer is just going crazy with low voltage, and I have never heard of one doing this.

you more likely have a malfunction of the air direction flappers behinid the dash, or the control computer itself

one thing you can try is to unhook the vehicle battery for an hour to see if anything will reset

otherwise, you are likely looking at a fault with the air direction or the control computer.

Sorry if you were hoping for a different answer, please don't shoot the messenger - I can only give the honest answer, which I have. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for my honest and prompt response, and I receive nothing for my time and answer until a positive rating is clicked.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.